Saturday, April 25, 2009

Winter is gone! We are out of hibernation. The Redbuds and Dogwoods are in full bloom, the attic fan is blowing, and Lu Lu is chattering in the kitchen while Clark asks her playful questions. It feels so good to have Clark home again. He was gone for several days at a conference in San Antonio. He's making bread right now and we are getting ready to snuggle up and watch a fantastic film about the life of John Adams.

As for this past winter, not much to report. We have loved watching our little buddy grow. Isaac is such a little cutie. He trumps his sister in disposition. I didn't think it was possible to have another child as good as Olivia, but our little Isaac is even better than Olivia! As long as his belly is full and his diaper is dry, he's content to just explore his surroundings. I love him so much. I don't know what I will do if we ever have a high maintenance baby. Our two kids have spoiled me.

Olivia. Playful, affectionate little Lu Lu. Though the winter at times seemed long and drab, she was my little jester, keeping me company, running me ragged, driving me crazy. We love her so much. I spent the winter being the mommy, working out, and battling eczema. And Clark, he continues to work hard as he always does. He is my rock. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

We are really excited right now. Clark and I are gearing up to bike the Katy Trail the first week of May, Clinton to St. Charles, without the kids. Lulu and little buddy will be staying with Grandma Helena on the farm. We'll be camping and staying at B&Bs along the way. We can't wait to get away, to be outside, and to ride all day. It's going to be awesome!

More to follow. Until then, thanks for keeping in touch. Love Clark, Jess, O, and Ike

4 comments:

Beth Benson said...

:) I cant wait to meet your little ones someday!

Unknown said...

Miss you much! You are too cute.

Stephanie said...

Jessica!!!

This is Stephanie Willis, your Marriott friend. I am so glad I found your blog, I missed your call like two months ago and I didn't know how to contact you. I am an idiot and deleted the message you left me with your phone number on it. So when you get this call me, I'd love to chat with you.

Unknown said...

I was extremely surprised to see an email from you!!!
we Re actually doing quite well. we have 7grandchildren now. matt is the son that has pleasantly surprised us. he is very happy at Westminister College, here in SLC, and will have hos Masters soon.He already has a great job lined up although it is in Las Vegas. They only
I've 5 min from me right now. Lauren, the Doc has two boys which I take cRe of almost on a dai
Y bias,,,I love them so much. I am also work g in Park City. And Paul is looking forward to retirement. we just aren,t there yet. Please stay on touch and I will up date my blog and send it to you. Love, Kristin